the SIGGRAPH Asia 2021 The XR program is looking for innovative, immersive masterpieces to present at the next conference in December. Extended reality (XR) refers to all environments that combine real and virtual elements generated by computer technology. It includes representative forms such as augmented reality (AR), mixed reality (MR) and virtual reality (VR). XR is a superset that includes the entire spectrum, from “complete real” to “complete virtual” in the reality-virtuality continuum.
Submissions are accepted in the following categories:
- Extended reality experiences in the fields of art, science, medicine, research, 360 ° cinema, entertainment and games.
- Artistic and technological performances and demonstrations with applications in the fields of design, health / medicine, engineering, science and training / education.
- Research projects that allow participants to participate.
- Interactive and content-driven projects that:
- Demonstrate a unique type of interactive and immersive experience that was not possible 18 months ago.
- Practical applications or creative tools that influence everyday life or improve relationships around the world.
The event is scheduled to take place December 14-17 in Tokyo, Japan, subject to change depending on COVID-19 and possible travel restrictions. Whatever the format of the event, the organizers will facilitate the virtual presentation of all the selected works and these will be published in the digital library of the event.
The deadline for submission is July 15; additional information is available here.
And don’t forget, the deadline for submitting applications for the SIGGRAPH Asia 2021 Computer Animation Festival is August 1: more information is available. here.
Source: SIGGRAPH Asia 2021
Dan Sarto is publisher and editor-in-chief of Animation World Network.