One of the leading entertainment streaming platforms in Asia recently released its strongest anime roster yet.
In order to expand its range of quality content, iQiyi On October 1, it announced that it now offers a new list of anime available on demand.
The year-end anime roster with 27 titles is headed by “Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Entertainment District Arc ”, “My university of heroes” films, as well as “Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Asakusa Arc” and “Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Tsuzumi Mansion Arc” movies.
Created by a Japanese manga artist Koyoharu Gotouge, the first season of “Demon Slayer” “Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba” garnered praise from viewers, and its movie sequel “Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba the movie: Mugen Train » made history as the highest grossing Japanese film of all time in Japan.
READ: Record-breaking Japanese animated film ‘Demon Slayer’ hits theaters
The entertainment streaming service’s anime slate also includes the following heroic fantasy series:
- “Mushoku Tensei: Unemployed Reincarnation (Part 2)”
- “How a realistic hero rebuilt the kingdom”
- On the theme of the paranormal “The vampire dies in no time”
- Light romantic series “My Senpai is boring”
- “Fairy Tale Taisho Otome”
On the other hand, the animated films feature the following titles that would soon be launched on the platform:
- “My Hero Academia: two heroes”
- “My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising”
- “One Piece Movie: Z (2012)”
- “One Piece Film: Gold (2016)”
- “One Piece: Episode of East Blue (2017)”
- “One Piece: Episode of Skypiea (2018)”
- “One Piece: Stampede (2019)”
- “Next generations Boruto-Naruto”
iQiyi said its anime content has generated a high number of viewers in Southeast Asia, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. These shows exceeded 650 million views with nearly 95 million hours of cumulative viewing. —Rosette Adel
READ: Summary: New anime shows on the iQiyi streaming app