(Click on the image to enlarge)
This morning, the CEO of Apple kicked off his “California Streaming” product update event by talking about Apple which is proud to have made California its home. Cook then said: Let’s start with Apple TV +. Apple TV + is home to the world’s most creative storytellers and continues to grow with award-winning programming. The video below shows his full introduction with Apple TV +.
Cook then presented a new trailer showcasing a highly anticipated lineup of Apple Original series and films that will soon make their global debuts on Apple TV +. The teaser features the first looks and new footage from upcoming shows, including “Foundation”, “The Problem with Jon Stewart”, “Swagger”, “Finch”, “The Shrink Next Door”, “Invasion”, “Swan Song “,” Acapulco “and more. Customers around the world can expect new original series and films premiering on Apple TV + throughout the fall, from the world’s most creative storytellers, starting with the season two premiere of “The Morning Show” this Friday.
- “The Morning Show” – Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon are back for the second season of the Emmy-winning series, which premieres this Friday, September 17th.
- “Foundation” – Shooting September 24 with the first two episodes, the epic, global saga marks the very first screen adaptation of Isaac Asimov’s iconic novel series.
- “The Trouble with Jon Stewart” – The new news series from acclaimed host, writer, producer, director and advocate Jon Stewart will premiere on September 30.
- “The Velvet Underground” – A new feature-length documentary from Oscar-nominated director Todd Haynes will launch on October 15.
- “Invasion” – Oscar-nominated and two-time Emmy nominated producer Simon Kinberg and David Weil’s character-driven sci-fi drama series premieres October 22.
- “Swagger” – A new basketball-themed drama series inspired by the youth basketball experiences of NBA superstar Kevin Durant from writer, director and executive producer Reggie Rock Bythewood makes its world debut on the 29th. October.
- “Finch” – On the heels of the Apple Original Film blockbuster “Greyhound,” Tom Hanks’ latest film hits the world on November 5th.
- “Dickinson” – The third and final season of the Peabody Award-winning series from creator Alena Smith, starring and produced by Hailee Steinfeld, debuts on November 5.
- “The Shrink Next Door” – A new black comedy series starring and executive produced by Will Ferrell and Paul Rudd will launch worldwide on November 12.
- “Swan Song” – The highly anticipated Apple Original Film starring and produced by Mahershala Ali will debut in theaters and globally on Apple TV + on Friday, December 17th.
- All of these titles – and more – will premiere on Apple TV + alongside compelling drama and comedy series, feature films, groundbreaking documentaries, and entertainment for children and families.
Apple TV + is available to watch on all of your favorite screens. After launching on November 1, 2019, Apple TV + became the first completely original streaming service to launch globally, and created more original hits and received more accolades faster than any other streaming service in its early days. To date, Apple Original films, documentaries and series have been recognized with 143 wins and 517 award nominations.